10 Adopted Rules Of Thumb
This post has been seen 3724 times.
I confess that I
stole found this 10 Adopted Rules Of Thumb when surfing the internet today. The words are found painted on the wall of furniture-maker Wendell Castle’s studio (where ever that is). I confess that I wish I was the one that came up with them originally…because almost everything written down, with the exception of #4 which I don’t fully understand…is awesome!
See the rules below and let me know what you thinketh…
- If you are in love with an idea you are no judge of its beauty or value.
- It is difficult to see the whole picture when you are inside the frame. (love this)
- After learning the tricks of the trade don’t think you know the trade.
- We hear and apprehend what we already know.
- The dog that stays on the porch will find no bones.
- Never state a problem to yourself in the same terms it was brought to you.
- If its off beat or surprising its probably useful.
- If you do not expect the unexpected, you will not find it.
- Don’t get too serious.
- If you hit the bulls-eye every time…the target is too near! (my fav)
Ofili is an award winning
literary writer motivational speaker, author, success coach and successful entrepreneur who blogs about life, success and entrepreneurial excellence. Follow him on twitter , facebook or subscribe to his blog for more success TIPS!” To bring Ofili to your school or organization as a speaker simply go here.
Latest posts by Ofili (see all)
- WhatsApp Steals Books - January 18, 2019
- I Lost Myself in Myself - January 15, 2019
- Dear Nigerians “You Have Lost Weight” Is Not a Greeting - January 8, 2019