Fact Checking Buhari On His Late Cabinet Excuse
This post has been seen 2698 times.
“When cabinet ministers are appointed in September, it will be some months after I took the oath of office. It is worth noting that Obama himself did not have his full Cabinet in place for several months after first taking office” – President Muhammadu Buhari
Truth or Bullshit? Let’s find out…
– President Barack Obama Inaugurated January 20, 2009
– Hillary Rodham Clinton assumed the office of Secretary of State on January 21, 2009
– On January 26, 2009, the U.S. Senate confirmed Geithner’s appointment as Secretary of the Treasury
– On December 1, 2008, President-elect Obama announced that Robert Gates would remain in his position as Secretary of Defense during his administration
– On December 1, 2008, Obama announced that Eric Holder would be his nominee for Attorney General. Holder was formally nominated on January 20, 2009
– Ken Salazar assumed the office of Secretary of the Interior on January 21, 2009 after a unanimous voice vote on the floor of the full Senate
– Tom Vilsack assumed the office of Secretary of Agriculture on January 21, 2009
– Hilda Solis assumed office as Secretary of Labor on February 24, 2009
– Shaun Donovan was confirmed as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development on January 27, 2009.
– Arne Duncan was confirmed as Secretary of Education on January 21, 2009.
– Eric Shinseki assumed the office of Secretary of Veterans Affairs on January 20, 2009
– Janet Napolitano assumed the office of Secretary of Homeland Security on January 21, 2009.
– Steven Chu was unanimously confirmed as Secretary of Defense by the U.S. Senate on January 20, 2009.
– Former Republican Congressman Ray LaHood was confirmed as Secretary of Transportation on January 23, 2009
FACT: Obama appointed/confirmed 13 of 15 of his cabinet members with a week … yes that is within 7 days of his inauguration. And 1 of those 13 (Robert Gates) was even confirmed technically in December 2008 before he was inaugurated!
The remaining 2 of the 15 … Gary Locke Secretary of Commerce (confirmed February 23 2009) and Kathleen Sebelius Secretary of Health and Human Resources (confirmed April 28, 2009) were nominated later than one week … but only because the original choice/choices failed their nomination process.
But in Nigeria its been 2 months and not ONE single ministerial appointment has been made and our National Assembly is still in recess … but yet our President just went on International media to say he will not appoint ministers till September and uses Obama’s 2009 cabinet as justification? Bullshit!
But I am not disappointed with our politicians, politicians are politicians.
I am more disappointed with intellectuals and intelligent Nigerians reading this shit … that smell the shit, see the shit, know its shit but don’t say shit!
Those are the people I am disappointed with.
You might also like: